Does Thrive Liquid Lash Extension Mascara Do what it claims to do?
I am in search of a mascara that lengthens my lashes without getting clumpy, doesn’t flake, and does not transfer to my lids or under-eye area during the day.
Is that too much to ask for?
I ran across a video promoting Thrive’s Liquid Lash Extensions. I was impressed with what I saw. It seemed to really lengthen the Vloggers lashes, and it appeared to be clump free, so I ordered it to see if this was the mascara I have been searching for.
- The mascara is on the dry side, which I like because it dries quickly. It did not transfer to my lids when I looked up to apply the mascara to my lower lashes and vice versa.
- It did do a nice job of lengthening my lashes with the first coat; however, it does not have the profound lengthening effect that it appeared to have in the video.
- It did not leave smudge marks on my eyelids or under eye area as all my other mascaras do by the end of the day.
- I don’t know if you have this problem, but when I am applying mascara I invariably get some of it on my lids and the lower lash line area. Then when I attempt to remove it, the mascara smudges even more. Not this mascara. It easily flaked right off my skin without leaving smudge marks or any residue; however, this pro is also a con.
- This mascara not only easily flakes off your skin, it also flakes off your eyelashes big time.
- No clumping happened with the first application of mascara, but when I attempted to apply a second coat, it clumped so much that it ruined all the lengthening effect I got from the first coat. When I attempted to separate the clumps with a lash comb the clumps just flaked right off, making matters worse.
I have tried the mascara multiple times, always with the same results.
In conclusion, although there are more pros than cons, I am highly disappointed with the results I got from this mascara.
In my opinion this mascara does not do what it claims to do.
I rate it a 2 out of 5 stars.
Have you tried this mascara? If you have, what was your experience? Leave your opinion in the comment section below.